Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Still on vacation.....

but I've not worked so physically hard in such a very long time! It feels great (and even better when the humidity is not at 100%). And as I sweat (something I never really did in my cube unless .... actually, there is no "unless" - I never broke a sweat in my cubicle) I wonder to myself...should I perhaps pursue a line of work that involves physical activity? I could lay bricks, or put on shingles, or make something with my hands.

OK. So everyone probably has these types of thoughts when they're laid off, or downsized, or fired or reorganized and restructured. FREE. It's a loud word. But I am completely free to take a step into something totally different from anything I've known. Or...I can take a step into comfort.

I won't know the answer until I get all my boxes moved, put every drawer and cupboard in order, hang some art around the house, make some visits to a few friends out of town, do some chores for my mom.......lay a few bricks, and harvest some corn.

No comments: